Zionism debate continues with Professor Ira Chernus

Tuesday, June 22nd, 9-10 a.m. Pacific (noon-1 pm Eastern) on http://NoLiesRadio.org, to be archived here a few hours later...

Ira Chernus, University of Colorado - Boulder Religious Studies professor, author of many notable internet essays including The Israel Lobby's Big Problem: People Aren't Afraid to Criticize Israel Anymore.

Ira Chernus's last appearance on Truth Jihad Radio included a few fairly heated exchanges between plain-speaking anti-Zionist me and pro-two-state-solution Ira. He later said I sounded like I was speaking in Fox News sound-bites (knowing, as he does, that I'm such a fan of Hannity and O'Reilly). I explained that since, unlike the Fox hosts, I give the guest (him) most of the air time, I had been responding telegraphically to his comments, but would be happy to to continue the conversation at a more leisurely pace, in a format where we both would have time to develop arguments and responses. So here we are! Last week's great debate continues, with me in the role of Jeff Blankfort and Ira playing his former student Richard Curtis.